RE: [council] Motion on Individual Users in the GNSO.

  • To: Stéphane Van Gelder <stephane.vangelder@xxxxxxxxx>, <avri@xxxxxxx>, "GNSO Council" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] Motion on Individual Users in the GNSO.
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 11:37:40 -0500
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I recommend that we not make a huge issue out of this and simply identify some
individual users to work with the ALAC.  First of all, we do not have time
because, even with the Board extension, we have to provide any recommendations
by 20 February.  Secondly, the key is really to try and develop some sound
recommendations about how to involve individual users in the GNSO without being
duplicative with the ALAC.  If there are individuals from anywhere in the GNSO
that are available and willing to contribute constructively to the work that
the ALAC is doing in response to the Board's request, volunteer, but do it
quickly because the work is already ongoing and will be over before we know it.

Chuck