From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Mary Wong
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2009 8:53 PM
To: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Alan Greenberg; Chuck Gomes
Cc: ALAC Working List
Subject: RE: [council] Motion on Individual Users in the GNSO.

Everyone,

The NCUC would like to express its thanks to those members who have worked
on the motion and the various activities that accompany it. We believe the
question of individual user engagement is, like public participation, an
important and vital part of the ICANN model and process. The NCUC is also
fully committed to contributing to processes and models, going forward, that
will facilitate individual user participation (non-commercial and otherwise)
in the GNSO and other aspects of ICANN work.

As such, the NCUC would like to nominate two of its Councillors, viz. myself
(Mary) and Bill Drake, to serve as user representatives to assist in
creating a useful and representative recommendation to the Board in this
respect.

Best regards,

Mary (for the NCUC)

Mary W S Wong

Professor of Law

Franklin Pierce Law Center

Two White Street

Concord, NH 03301

USA

Email: mwong@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Phone: 1-603-513-5143

Webpage: http://www.piercelaw.edu/marywong/index.php

Selected writings available on the Social Science Research Network (SSRN)
at: http://ssrn.com/author=437584

>>> "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx> 2/3/2009 8:19 PM >>>

Avri and all,

We need to very quickly "identify some user representatives, especially
individual users, who would be willing to work with the ALAC and At-Large
community to develop a recommendation regarding the Board?s request".  Does
the NCUC have any recommendations?  Should we seek some volunteers from the
GA list?  Can anyone recommend an individual user?

Chuck

  _____