Re: [council] Draft Agenda for New gTLD meeting 16 Jan

hi,

On 12 Jan 2009, at 11:32, Rosette, Kristina wrote:

What's the planned duration of this meeting?

2 hours. I am not sure that will be enough, but I am not sure I can imagine doing more.

a.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ]
On Behalf Of Avri Doria
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 11:29 AM
To: Council GNSO
Subject: [council] Draft Agenda for New gTLD meeting 16 Jan

Hi

Based on what I have heard spoken of so far, the following is a  draft
agenda for the New gTLD meeting on 15 January.

1 - Discuss areas at variance with GNSO policy principles,
recommendations and guidelines.  Possible areas include, i.a.:

    -  Principle G: Do the review criteria infringe on freedom of
expression
    -  Recommendation 1: Are the price levels discriminatory?
    -  Recommendation 2:  Extent of confusing similarity
     - Recommendation 5: Reserved names issues
        - geographic
         - 2 char IDN
    - Recommendation 17: what is the clear compliance and sanctions
process?
    - IG B: Recommended cost based fees with different applicants
paying different fees.  Are these fees really cost based? Are some
applicants subsidizing other applicants?
    - IG F:  Board resolution process was recommended instead of
Auction
    - IG O: Are there any plans for a fee reduction schedule for gTLS
applicants from economies classified as least developed?
    - Others?

2 - Discuss the motions we passed vis a vis new gTLDs
   - introducion of idn tlds
   - Implementation guideline (IG) E

3 - Discuss the comments received

4 - Discuss follow-up process to this meeting