[council] RE: Nomination Acceptance

For clarity I believe it was Stephane that seconded... but I would have too!

Adrian Kinderis

From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Gomes, Chuck
Sent: Monday, 12 January 2009 9:58 AM
To: GNSO Council
Subject: [council] Nomination Acceptance

Sincere thanks to Olga for nominating me for Council vice chair and to Adrian
for seconding the nomination.  I accept the nomination.

If I am elected, I commit to serving as vice chair to the best of my ability
until the new vice chairs are seated under the new bicameral structure
mid-year.  I will continue to support Avri as Chair including backing her up
when needed during meetings and cooperating with her and Glen in various
Council activities as I have tried to do since first being elected vice chair.
I will also do my best to fulfill vice chair functions in a neutral capacity,
always trying to make clear when I am acting in my personal capacity or as a
representative of the RyC and not acting as vice chair.

Chuck Gomes