[council] Call for nominations for GNSO Council Vice Chair
- To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] Call for nominations for GNSO Council Vice Chair
- From: Glen de Saint Géry <Glen@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 14:58:58 -0800
- Accept-language: fr-FR, en-US
- Acceptlanguage: fr-FR, en-US
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: Acli0AgYNKl/CP0tSOW+Xw8UAMyaqQPBVaEQAAPLA5A=
- Thread-topic: Call for nominations for GNSO Council Vice Chair
Dear Council Members,
A formal nomination period, for the election of GNSO Council vice chair for the
period running concurrently with GNSO Council chair, from 1 February 2009 until
the newly structured GNSO Council is seated and a new chair is elected, is now
open for two weeks from Friday, 9 January 2009 to Friday 23 January 2009 at
All nominations should be seconded within the nomination period. Only GNSO
Council members are eligible to make nominations and second nominations.
Please send all nominations and seconds to:
and/or the Council mailing list:
Nominations and seconds will be acknowledged and posted to the council list.
B. VOTING PROCEDURE
The voting will be by a roll call vote at the GNSO Council meeting on 29
January 2009. The winning candidate must receive at least 14 affirmative votes.
In case of a tie, there will be a second round of voting.
C. GNSO COUNCIL MEMBERS ARE ELIGIBLE TO VOTE:
All GNSO Council members are eligible to vote, that is, 3 representatives from
each constituency, Registrars, gTLD registries, Commercial and Business Users
(CBUC), Non Commercial Users (NCUC), Intellectual Property (IPC), and Internet
Service Providers and Connectivity Providers (ISPCP) and the 3 Nominating
Liaisons from the ALAC, and the GAC and the ccNSO Observer do not vote.
Please note the GNSO Council meeting on 29 January 2009 as an important date
because there must be quorum for the vote.
Glen de Saint Géry