RE: [council] MOTION 1 ON gTLD IMPLEMENTATION

  • To: "Rosette, Kristina" <krosette@xxxxxxx>, "Council GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] MOTION 1 ON gTLD IMPLEMENTATION
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2009 13:49:37 -0500
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It seems to me that fixing the language is very doable.  I would also be open
to adjusting some language that recognizes that it is understood that the 2nd
draft will involve considerable effort in responding to the many constructive
comments that have been submitted.  My intent is not to short circuit the time
needed to make sure that that the final product is as good as possible.  At the
same time I do believe that the orginal goals with regard to the communication
period can be achieved with the changes this motion suggests or some similar
version of them.

Chuck