[council] Updated SOI as council member

  • To: Glen de Saint Gery <glen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Updated SOI as council member
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 13:34:16 -0500
  • Cc: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

For accuracy sake I needed to update mine.  No real change, however.

---

I am an independent research consultant and a part time Adjunct Professor at Luleå University of Technology (LTU) in Sweden. At LTU I supervise two Ph.D. students on Delay Tolerant Networking Technology (DTN) Technology and am responsible for creating a curriculum in Internet Governance. As a professor I am partially funded by an European Commission FP7 research grant. I have a recurring part-time contract with UN-DESA and the Internet Governance Forum as a consultant on Internet Governance and WSIS follow-up activities. I also have a part-time contract with Iometrix where I am consulting on establishing certification testing programs for VoIP NNI (Network to Network Interconnect). While I am an associate of the Interisle Consulting Group, I am currently inactive and expect to remain so as long as I am involved with ICANN as a volunteer. Specifically, I have no involvement in any contracts Interisle may have with ICANN.

As part of my volunteer activities I give advice to various representatives of indigenous nomadic nd semi-nomadic populations and NGOs on Internet topics which include the possibility of obtaining a gTLD. These activities may involve providing assistance in obtaining a TLD including assistance in raising the necessary funding for a TLD, when and if that is an appropriate solution to their goals. I am not, however, currently involved in any such efforts. In terms of the GNSO Council and its various working groups, committees and teams, I currently have no employment, contract, statement of work, financial interest, share ownership or any other business relationship with ICANN, registries or registrars except as a registrant of several domain names. I participate in ICANN as a pro- bono activity because I believe in ICANN's mission as a volunteer/ multistakeholder led organization.