Re: [council] RAA Motion

Hi

It is probably best to confirm this with legal counsel.

a.

On 11 Dec 2008, at 12:02, Tim Ruiz wrote:

That sounds fine, as long as *supports* meets the current RAA
requirement which says, *...adopted by at least a two-thirds vote of the
council.*

Tim

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: [council] RAA Motion
From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, December 11, 2008 10:45 am
To: "Tim Ruiz" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Council GNSO"
<council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Tim,

I would accept your changes as friendly if the resolution was worded
like this: "The GNSO Council supports the amendments and asks Staff to
work with registrars to define the most expeditious process for
implementing the agreed-to proposed amendments to the RAA." I changed
'accepts' to 'supports', deleted 'and the Council' and deleted 'as soon
as possible', the latter only because it is redundant because I think
'expeditious' covers it. I do not think that contract approvals or
implementation are in the GNSO's mission, although commenting on those
are certainly appropriate.

Chuck