[council] Preparing A Restructured GNSO Council Implementation Plan

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>, Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Preparing A Restructured GNSO Council Implementation Plan
  • From: Robert Hoggarth <robert.hoggarth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 20:27:44 -0800
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Council Members;

At the Thursday 6 November Council Recap and Planning meeting in Cairo, the
attending Council members discussed the need to respond to the Board's
directive to submit a GNSO Council Restructuring Implementation Plan for Board
Review in advance of the 11 December Board meeting.

There was general consensus that given the short time available, that the best
course of action was to develop a plan that highlighted the key benchmarks,
deadlines and decisions that the Council would need to address in the coming
months.  It was further agreed that each constituency would make efforts to
assign/volunteer an individual or individuals to help develop the plan/report.

To help get the ball rolling, Avri has asked me to prepare a draft outline of
what the report/plan might look like, including the key decisions that the
Council would need to address in the short and long term to achieve the June
2009 goal of seating the new Council.

Set forth in the attached document I have drafted an outline, sample
calendar/timeline and a list of potential key transition/implementation
decisions that, collectively could be used to develop the report/plan.  I hope
the material sparks further discussion and deliberations prior to and during
the upcoming Council meeting on 20 November.  In the meantime, feel free to
red-line and circulate the document with your thoughts and ideas.

I look forward to supporting the Council's efforts to develop and submit the
plan/report to the Board.

Best regards,

Rob Hoggarth

Robert L. Hoggarth, Esq.