Re: [council] Re; Impovements plan - a comment on the compositon of the OSC

Hi,

On 10 Oct 2008, at 10:27, Rosette, Kristina wrote:

Given that we're talking about a "full consensus" decision-making
threshold, what's the mechanism for rectifying a situation in which full consensus is not reached solely because of CIF views, but the CIF never
actually becomes a constituency?  In other words, what is the plan for
handling issues on which, but for the CIF, full consensus would have
been reached?

as observers, i do not believe they are part of consensus formation other then as participants in the debate. I believe the plan calls for full consensus of the members and is specific in differentiating between members and other participants. If this is not clear, which i think it is, then perhaps we need another amendment.

Also, will members of the PPSC and OSC be permitted to designate
alternates (1 per member) who can participate in the meetings in the
event of an unavoidable scheduling conflict?

wouldn't that be up to the committee itself in terms of determining their methods?

a.