Re: [council] Trans -SO/AC meeting in Cairo

Hi,

Perhaps. Though if it is just cross-SO that might be more appropriate for the bilateral meeting between the two SOs.

a.

On 5 Sep 2008, at 19:06, Gomes, Chuck wrote:

One new topic that would be good to start discussing is the concept of a cross-SO PDP. This has come up in the fast flux WG.

Chuck

From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] On Behalf Of Mike Rodenbaugh
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2008 11:07 AM
To: 'Council GNSO'
Subject: RE: [council] Trans -SO/AC meeting in Cairo

I agree this is a great concept if scheduling can work, and we should have a specific agenda rather than a broad amorphous topic like “PSC Consultation.” I do not see the benefit of discussing that in this broad group, and would greatly prefer to focus on policy matters – such as updates from the various SOs/ACs about their policy initiatives, and cross discussion about each other’s initiatives. Ideally these bodies can someday coordinate their policy development efforts, or at least routinely keep each other informed and with the ability to comment, because many policy efforts really ought to cut across multiple of these organizations but this silo’d ICANN system doesn’t easily allow for cross-efforts.

Thanks,
Mike