[council] finalizing motions in advance of voting on them

  • To: "council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] finalizing motions in advance of voting on them
  • From: Robin Gross <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 04:08:47 -0700
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'd to request that whatever motions are up for counsel vote are finalized at least several days in advance of voting on them, meaning no last minute amendments - friendly or not.

I'm concerned about the tendency to amend the motion during the public counsel meeting and we end up wasting GNSO public forum time crafting language on the fly (and this does not instill confidence in the counsel from the community).

Besides appearing silly, and more importantly, last minute amendments do not give us a chance to discuss the motion that will be voted on with our constituencies. It is important that we know exactly what will be voted on in advance so we can get key feedback from our constituencies.

Thanks,
Robin

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx