[council] Jury Duty
- To: "Council GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [council] Jury Duty
- From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 10:38:12 -0400
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AciQ4VnB6uRKUHhcSjaKnoOHwUnsBQ==
- Thread-topic: Jury Duty
Please be aware that I was seated and sworn in yesterday as a juror for
a trial that will last at least three weeks and maybe longer. That will
limit my availability for conference calls to when I am not in court.
The court is in session for the case only Monday through Thursday
excluding State holidays and typically meets from 9 am to 4:30 pm PDT
with about an hour and a half lunch break and other short breaks. I
also expect lots of times when the jury will have to wait outside the
courtroom, when I can use my Treo to catch up on calls and email.
I plan to do my best to keep up on Council work by not only using free
time in the courthouse but also early morning time, evening time,
Fridays and weekends. Regarding our Council meetings, for any day
except Friday, the following times will work best for me except in cases
where I have other conflicting meetings: before 9 am PDT, 12:00-13:30
PDT, after 16:30 PDT.