[council] Next conference call on thursday 27th

  • To: "Council GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Next conference call on thursday 27th
  • From: "Olga Cavalli" <olgac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 16:48:14 -0300
  • Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:sender:to:subject:mime-version:content-type:x-google-sender-auth; bh=IS1XAwiQhu2F7OiD5R0qdWDBe/ZfZYobCx9k32lXMro=; b=Yd2TFGl9Pkfdb0lSvaj4zUnW/G3R6Go2B0PvEJT3sd4hjXmBg5MMGqpSeh1H5tUJJxSvSijfxifKwGB3o7vI5I1+1wWEYYGRGtdCvAJz9uWs4Uuhg2hGzMOZUUX7DwVmAXzVOWmYTptctOnqk4/pV/eh5pO1bcqvKDrIWJf3YFM=
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear collegues,

Next Thursday I will have some difficulties in joining the conference call,
as I am organizing a whole day activity and I must be present in it by the
time of the call, which is locally around noon.

In this sense I would like to share some comments in relation with two
points of the agenda:

1- I have some concerns about the absentee voting rules.
I have tried to find similar procedures in other Icann SO or the board and I
did not find them.
As a noncomm appointee the participation of  the council members during
meetings or during the conference calls is relevant to understand the
different oppinions in relation with their constituencies and their
interests, and then this allows me to form my own oppinion to decide
and vote, complementing information that can be previously read.
My concern is that if absentee voting is allowed, the "live" participation
of council members during face to face meetings or conference calls could be
less and if this happens my chances to understand the whole picture of
interests could be not complete.
I understand that recommendations were elaborated by a group and perhaps
these issues were already addressed, but I thought it could be important to
express my concerns.

2- As mentioned in a previous email sent to the list, I am interested in
being part of the GNSO review working group or in the group that will deal
with the development of the WG model.
If you are forming any of these group during the call and you think that my
participation could be useful, please take my interest in consideration.

Best regards
Olga