RE: [council] Domain Tasting - Follow up on possibility of fee application through interim or special budget process

  • To: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: [council] Domain Tasting - Follow up on possibility of fee application through interim or special budget process
  • From: Tim Ruiz <tim@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 05:59:30 -0700
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kristina,

I don't know about the interim measures, but I believe that modifying
the budget mid-year would still require the Staff to go back to
registrars and allow them to vote again on how they want to pay - ICANN
directly or ICANN through Registry invoicing. That would take additional
time and could run up against the end of the FY anyway.

Also, for the design team discussion, we should keep in mind the likely
timing of any consensus policy that may come out of the Tasting PDP. I
don't see how any such policy could be developed, recommended, commented
on, and approved before the Paris meeting in June. Then allowing for
implementation time I don't think it would become policy until sometime
after the new budget goes into affect.

Tim