Re: [council] Some initial reactions from the ccNSO on the GNSO's message to Board regarding IDN TLDs

  • To: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] Some initial reactions from the ccNSO on the GNSO's message to Board regarding IDN TLDs
  • From: Thomas Keller <tom@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 10:34:54 +0100
  • Cc: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Avri,

both suggestions sound very good. If my recollection is correct we used to have a liason from the CCs in the past which proved to be a valuable source of information (some asian lady).

Best,

tom

Avri Doria schrieb:

Hi,

I have been having some background discussions with Chris Desspain, the chair of the ccNSO council, and others regarding the GNSO council's message and request to the Board. At, at least, the first reading, there has been some level of concern on his part and the part of others in the ccNSO community with our message to the Board relating to IDN TLDs. It has been interpreted by some as indicating that the GNSO is against the fast track and against IDNs. While I tried to explain that this is neither what was written nor what was intended, it does seem to be interpreted that way by some. The ccNSO is meeting today to discuss a reaction to the GNSO council's message. I expect to have more information on that tomorrow.

Regardless of what happens with their reaction two possibilities have come out of the discussion:

- the possibility of a face to face meeting between the two councils in New Delhi to discuss some of the different perspectives on the IDN TLD issue

- the exchange of liaisons between the two councils, so that in the future there would be a better understanding of each others intentions, processes and decisions.

I would like to find out if there is support for these two items among others on the council.

thanks

a.