RE: [council] Possible motion on revised Whois Study schedule

  • To: "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] Possible motion on revised Whois Study schedule
  • From: "Mike Rodenbaugh" <mxrodenbaugh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 12:30:50 -0800
  • Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:From:To:References:In-Reply-To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:Content-Language; b=3Pzo5pi/SNiGHq/Aw6DeVbW92xpozPgobFGurWiekg7kR60jFpt0YsledxA+1xowJ7Ld0LqhS71CltJAC9sH49ce+aFJMLc4bByuTebpgrV5+kZVXhehbnjuxfIiOktEt7GC2ZIaF9dAdzQaW6DjeDxDfNKlXTuzo8GTb4O2jDU= ;
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Avri for leading with proposed motions on all these issues, and for
all your hard work for Council.

While I am in agreement with community concerns about 'excessive delay' in
resolving any new WHOIS policy, I feel strongly that 18 days (Jan 7 to 25)
is not enough time for Constituencies to have proper discussion and scoping
of proposals for study.  I think the BC could live with 30 days, so all the
dates after Jan 7 would move forward 12 days, if that is acceptable to the
majority of Council.

Kind regards,
Mike