RE: [council] initial memo on propsed proxy voting change
- To: "'Gomes, Chuck'" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Philip Sheppard'" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>, "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [council] initial memo on propsed proxy voting change
- From: "Mike Rodenbaugh" <mxrodenbaugh@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 12:23:51 -0800
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Received:X-YMail-OSG:From:To:References:In-Reply-To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:Content-Language; b=kogKxfT+T0QPCn+orvucz/1EMdvgRjuXPDx85c2HSShzfYaumAxWig8u8oYKHofGKOnzKFUuzOwuZO92Vk1Zb1ODUEr3lpFxG7w0DkmBgPHnX14Cb/C2TyhQUq36vqq+2jqWYsXVXozAVzBe62WxFohk/rvwxtOEhXUJGWWtPT4= ;
- In-reply-to: <046F43A8D79C794FA4733814869CDF07021DAB4A@dul1wnexmb01.vcorp.ad.vrsn.com>
- List-id: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- References: <008b01c84d36$d61b8680$e601a8c0@PSEVO> <046F43A8D79C794FA4733814869CDF07021DAB4A@dul1wnexmb01.vcorp.ad.vrsn.com>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Thread-index: AchEAcm48436s8x9SzWyW6xjCw9PFQJNFABAAAi1HmAACMaDIA==
I like the suggestion of electronic voting, so long as it does not exceed
seven days' delay. If we build that in as standard practice, then we could
spend less time doing roll call votes, and more time for discussion of
From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Gomes, Chuck
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 8:06 AM
To: Philip Sheppard; Council GNSO
Subject: RE: [council] initial memo on propsed proxy voting change
In discussing this issue within the RyC there has been considerable
support for expanding voting to include electronic voting for a limited
time frame (e.g., 7 calendar days). If that was done, proxy voting may
not even be needed. We sometimes do that in the RyC.
From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Philip Sheppard
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 6:59 AM
To: 'Council GNSO'
Subject: [council] initial memo on propsed proxy voting change
Happy New Year fellow Council members;
The staff recommendations in the note on proxy voting seem sound and
consistent with former Names Council practice when we engaged in proxy
voting - whether we were supposed to or not.
On the item c - participation, I believe current practice whereby we
have often extensively talked over an issue before a vote, covers this
All we need now is to set out the recommendations into a short set of
rules and add in a few practicalities such as open proxy and a proxy
with direction to vote in a certain way, and we are done.
I hope we can move forward on this with due haste.