[council] initial memo on propsed proxy voting change

  • To: "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] initial memo on propsed proxy voting change
  • From: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 12:58:49 +0100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Happy New Year fellow Council members;

The staff recommendations in the note on proxy voting seem sound and consistent
with former
Names Council practice when we engaged in proxy voting - whether we were
supposed to or not.
On the item c - participation, I believe current practice whereby we have often
extensively
talked over an issue before a vote, covers this point.
All we need now is to set out the recommendations into a short set of rules and
add in a few
practicalities such as open proxy and a proxy with direction to vote in a
certain way, and
we are done.

I hope we can move forward on this with due haste.
Philip