[council] WHO study agenda item - creation of a template for study proposals

  • To: Council GNSO <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] WHO study agenda item - creation of a template for study proposals
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 15:34:02 -0500
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

In terms of this item of the agenda, the design team has been working, but there is a slight delay in terms of getting the template out for discussion. I expect the template to be available for the council to review starting tomorrow (Tuesday) morning.

I propose the following for the discussion:

- Liz will walk us through the template
- Council discussion on the template
- council discussion of the next steps in accordance with our decision in LA on studies related to whois:

I propose the following as a starting point for the discussion:

-- The design team works on filling out the template for a number of studies. This team remains open to new members and any GNSO constituency member interested in sponsoring a study is encouraged to join the design team. -- The form is forwarded on the the chairs of the GAC and ALAC because those groups have also indicated an interest in whois studies -- the form can be forwarded to the chairs of other groups if relevant.

- Initial proposals are due on 10 January
- The council will review initial proposals for studies at its 17 January meeting. - Any proposal approved by the council will then be sent out for bid by ICANN staff

- Further proposals for studies may be reviewed at a later time.

thanks

a.