[council] [Fwd: Olga Cavalli SOI]

  • To: "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] [Fwd: Olga Cavalli SOI]
  • From: "GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 08:30:58 +0100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*_Olga Cavalli SOI_*

I hold a degree in Electronic and Electric Engineer, an MBA and masters
degree in Telecommunication Regulation.  I am working towards my PhD in
Business Administration, the focus of my investigation is Internet
Governance and Development in Latin America.

 From the academic side, I am a private investigator and a professor at
the University of Buenos Aires, at the Instituto Tecnológico Buenos
Aires and at the Diplomacy Career of the Ministry of Foreing Affairs of
Argentina. In these institutions I teach technology, organizational
structure and public policy.

As an advisor to the Argentine Ministry of Foreign Affairs, I have
represented Argentina both at the WSIS second phase and in the GAC. I
am a member of the Advisory Group for the Internet Governance Forum (IGF).

In the private sector, I have worked as a consultant for companies and
non-governmental organizations in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Uruguay,
Venezuela, USA, Canada and Germany.

I am convinced that Internet and ICTs are a leapfrog for development in
Latin America, in this sense understanding Internet policies and ICANN
role is relevant. Among the various issues related with Internet public
policy, I find specially interesting and challenging IDNs and new gTLDs.

--
Glen de Saint Géry
GNSO Secretariat - ICANN