[council] High level agenda through 28 October

  • To: GNSO Council <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] High level agenda through 28 October
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 12:37:23 -0400
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

Chuck and I have been trying to set out the high level agenda through the LA meeting. I have enclosed a draft of that. At best this is a rough indicator as events might conspire to make it otherwise. But as part of the effort to make our work more predicatable, I figured we should try.

You will notice that I have included a second interim teleconference on Sept 23rd and 2 days of face-to-face meetings in the schedule. Given the amount of important work before the council, and because I want to make sure we have enough time to give topics their due, I think we need these meetings. Of course we still need to decide as a council whether they will actually happen.

As always, comments and corrections are most welcome.

thanks
a.

----

30 Aug - Report from Whois group and discussion on issues and how to proceed.
          Update on status of Registry Transfer work

6 sept -  Discussion and vote on New gTLD recommendations
Decision on GA-list issue related to by-law obligations for email lists

23 sept (tentative) - Report from IDN-ccTLD group and discussion
                      Follow up on Registry Transfer work
                      Discuss agenda for LA public meeting

11 oct - Intergovernmental Organization Dispute Resolutuion Process (IGO-DRP)
               Report and decsion on next steps
         Domain Tasting report and decision on next step

27 oct (f2f) - Whois recommendation discussion/decisions
               IDN-ccTLD report followup as necessary
               Rights Protection Mechanism (RPM) discussion
               GAC meeting prep

28 oct (f2f)- GNSO reform discussion (assumes update from board Governance WG) Final prep for meeting especially Monday workshop on new gTLD recommendations
         Any pending issues not closed or emergent issues