[council] CBUC representative Statement of Interest

  • To: "council >> 'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] CBUC representative Statement of Interest
  • From: "GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 09:06:00 +0200
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Council Members,

Please find Bilal Beiram's, Commercial and Business Users Constituency representative, statement of interest.

I advise my firm (TAG Organization) on ICANN policy development and how
it affects our business and strategic planning of our domain portfolio.
I also advise on e-commerce and domain names to prevent Intellectual
Property conflicts as well as on IP addressing and connectivity policy.

I am a member of the Arab Knowledge and Management Society (AKMS). I
represent AKMS in the APRALO.

Talal Abu-Ghazaleh Organization is the largest Arab group of
professional service firms in the fields of accounting, management
consulting, training, intellectual property, legal services, information
technology, capacity building, and legal translation, in addition to
being an affiliate of the World Bank, the Register of Accountants and
Auditors (Washington) and the UN Center for Transnational Corporations
(N.Y.). Employing over 1500 multi-disciplined professionals and
operating out of 60 offices in the Middle East and North Africa, with
representative offices in Europe and North America, TAGO's member firms
were established to serve the Arab countries and foreign firms
interested in conducting business in this region. This makes us the only
regional firm of international, multilingual, highly trained
professionals providing diversified services.

Operating in an area of the world that is experiencing radical and
unprecedented change, TAG Organization is well aware of and experienced
in all aspects of the economic environment, including the social and
regulatory factors governing it.

TAG Organization has been an advocate for the advancement of the
internet throughout the Middle East. We view the internet to be a major
catalyst for developments in business as well as education and social
trajectories. Realizing the full potential of the internet is one of our
goals. To achieve this goal, we work with a wide array of public,
private and non profit organizations throughout our operational area to
disseminate knowledge about ICANN and its functions.

Kind regards,

Glen
--
Glen de Saint Géry