RE: [council] Point for Discussion (proxy voting)
- To: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: [council] Point for Discussion (proxy voting)
- From: cyrilchua@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 16:11:28 +0800
- Cc: "'GNSO Council'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <00eb01c7c780$20b0fdc0$e601a8c0@PSEVO>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: "'GNSO Council'"
16/07/2007 04:05 RE: [council] Point for Discussion
PM (proxy voting)
I support Ross here.
The simplest method of proxy voting will be best.
Responsibility should lie with the Council member only to vote.
If they are remiss, so be it.
And of course if we introduce proxy votes then it would apply to all
I propose a simple resolution at our next meeting:
"The Council would like to introduce a system of proxy voting.
Council requests the ICANN General Counsel to confirm EITHER that this is
possible under the
current by-laws and if not advise what by-law change would be needed to