Re: [council] Point for Discussion

Avri Doria wrote:

I also favor an approach that includes a prohibition against using a proxy mechanism to avoid a required abstention based on a conflict of interest.

Why? My interests and those of my constituency can be different. For instance, I have conflicts related to my employment with Tucows that other councillors may not share. Why should that prevent the registrar constituency from casting one of its ballots through proxy?

As a general rule, I'd really prefer if we adopted a very simple set of rules governing the use of proxy's, and would strongly prefer if we just implemented the old rules as starting point that we could adjust over time. I don't see a need to overthink or overengineer this simply to take into account "what-if's" that have never come into play during the history of the DNSO/GNSO.

Ross Rader
Director, Retail Services
Tucows Inc.

http://www.domaindirect.com