RE: [council] Point for Discussion

  • To: "Avri Doria" <avri@xxxxxxx>, "GNSO Council" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] Point for Discussion
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 17:06:10 -0400
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the response Avri.  Please note my comments below.

Chuck Gomes

What I proposed would not limit this in any way.

> - It would lessen the pressure to actually have people attend
> the meetings and participate in the discussion.

Most issues do not involve voting so I am not sure this would happen and
as constituencies we would be able to manage participation internally
with our reps.

> - The inner working of constituencies are, in some cases,
> opaque, we would therefore have to take someone's word for
> it.  And while the constituency could complain afterwards,
> the vote would already be complete.

We wouldn't need to make it overly complicated and if we cannot take
people's word, we have a bigger problem.

> - It doesn't account for the votes of nomcom appointees who
> might miss a meeting.

Agreed but that is the same as it is today.