Re: [council] Vice Chair Position Statement

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] Vice Chair Position Statement
  • From: "Sophia B" <sophiabekele@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 16:25:38 -0700
  • Cc: "GNSO Council" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Chuck,

Thank you for the efficient introduction and clarification of the Vice Chair
role.

Please allow me to make a brief statement of why I believe Chuck is the
right candidate.  I have been on the GNSO council since 12/05 and as an
active participant on the council, I have listened to Chuck's contributions
on critical issues that affect the GNSO and the broader ICANN community.
Even though he represents a specific constituency, I have found his input to
the council most fair and his views unbiased.

Mostly, I was able to see his leadership capabilities during the RN WG
meetings.  I believe I have communicated this to a few others including
Chuck.  It is the first time during my term that I saw issues and work
delegated and managed and reported in such a way that gets people involved
and allocates shared responsibility, not to put down Bruce's leadership,
which has its own qualities.  Chuck is very direct, organized in his thought
and work, and sincerely, I would have voted for his style of leadership as
the Chair of the GNSO as well, if Avri was not elected.

I think ICANN needs this type of leadership, that is open, transparent,
unbiased, organized, and able to handle highly sensitive issues with great
temperament and confidence and in a fair and equitable manner.

Thank you Chuck for volunteering for this very important and busy task.

Sophia