Re: [council] Nomination of Avri Doria as Chair of GNSO

  • To: "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] Nomination of Avri Doria as Chair of GNSO
  • From: Robin Gross <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 May 2007 11:43:33 -0700
  • Cc: "GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Footnote: Since nominations for chair come from individuals, not constituencies, Avri's nomination is from me, individually.
- Robin

Robin Gross wrote:

Colleagues,

NCUC nominates Avri Doria to be the next chairperson of the GNSO Council.

Avri has been a dedicated professional for many years working to solve policy and technical questions related to the Internet.

As a NomComm appointee, Avri is able to remain neutral and will not automatically promote the agenda of any particular constituency. Rather, Avri approaches ICANN policy issues with an unbiased perspective and tries to find a solution that is in the best interests of the Internet as a whole. In my view, it is important that the council chair remain unprejudiced in his or her perspective so we can build consensus within the council and move forward with our policy work.

Avri's fair-mindedness and depth of knowledge on technical matters, makes her the perfect candidate to be our next Chair.

Thank you,
Robin Gross
Non-Commercial Users Constituency