RE: [council] REMINDER: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS for GNSO Council Chair

  • To: "GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Council GNSO" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] REMINDER: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS for GNSO Council Chair
  • From: "Mike Rodenbaugh" <mxr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 07:22:44 -0700
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I nominate Philip Sheppard as Chair.  As a former chair of the Names Council,
and one of the longest tenured leaders of ICANN, he is obviously well qualified
to be the new Chair.  I have been impressed by his efforts to build consensus
among Councilors and the broader community, and so hope that we will agree on
Philip as our consensus choice for this important position.

Mike Rodenbaugh