Re: [council] Agenda Request for 15 March Council Meeting

  • To: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [council] Agenda Request for 15 March Council Meeting
  • From: Mawaki Chango <ki_chango@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2007 13:59:34 -0800 (PST)
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chuck,

Thanks for your diligence in chairing the work on RNs. Regarding your
request as worded, I'm not sure if you mean to suggest "the review and
discussion of the RN-WG report" on the March 15 call, before the delivery
of the report on March 16 ("The RN-WG plans to send its
> report to the Council and the Dec05 PDP committee ... on 16 March,") or
if you are suggesting to deliver earlier, etc. (and when would that be?)
In addition, I fail to see the benefit of bringing forward to our next
conference call an item that would request a lot of time (and attention)
in a F2F meeting, as you note, and furthermore in such a short notice. It
seems to me that the discussion can only be ineffective, if anything (and
much more so if it were to take less time on the call than in Lisbon.)

So I'd rather suggest that we only put on the March 15 agenda the
reception of the RN-WG final report by the council with brief presentation
of the conclusions by the WG chair, etc. We could have the council
discussion of this item either on another call or in Lisbon.

Mawaki