[council] Agenda Request for 15 March Council Meeting

  • To: <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Agenda Request for 15 March Council Meeting
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 19:17:03 -0500
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would like to request that the following item be added to the Council
meeting on 15 March:  Possible Dec05 PDP meeting in Lisbon?

The reason for my request is as follows.  The RN-WG plans to send its
report to the Council and the Dec05 PDP committee (Council + observers)
on 16 March.  It seems like it would be helpful if the Dec05 PDP
committee reviewed and discuss the report before the Council meeting in
Lisbon and then provide any input to the Council.

I recognize that the review and discussion of the RN-WG report could
also happen in the Council meeting in Lisbon but I think that could take
up a large portion of the meeting because of the size of the report and
the large number of recommendations involving eight categories of
reserved names and many subcategories as well.  I believe that the RN-WG
report will also be discussed in one of the GNSO Public Forums, but
again, I would suggest that it may take more time than will be available
in one of the forums.

I am simply suggesting that we consider this in our meeting on 15 March
and will support whatever the Council decides.

Chuck Gomes