[council] Jan 17 Agenda

  • To: <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Jan 17 Agenda
  • From: "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 10:51:24 -0500
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I am curious about the following agenda item for the next Council call:

Item 6: Next steps on policy issues related to proposed .com agreement
E.g
- policy for renewal of gtld agreements
- funding model policy (possible new policy)
- policy for capping fees that a registry can charge
- exclusions in agreements from future consensus polices or changes in
consensus polices

Why is this item on the agenda?  First of all, there is not a "proposed
.com agreement" but rather an executed .com agreement and I am not sure
why the Council would be focusing on that agreement. Second, the
subtopics listed are a duplication of most of the Feb06 PDP terms of
reference.

Chuck