Re: [council] Term limits

Greg Ruth wrote:
Philip et al,
    Whether we are "leaping" or not, I agree we should have a
discussion.  And I believe it can start now, on this list.  My opinion
is that, except in the case of NomCom appointees (who represent no
constituency), the matter of term limits should be left for each
constituency to decide for itself.

My personal view is that the Council and the Board should decide how this group is constituted in order that the basic foundations for our processes and outcomes are stable and predictable. I don't think that this is a constituency decision any more than it is a constituency decision regarding how many reps from each constituency sit on the Council, or the term of those seats, etc.

From my perspective, the first question that we should be looking at is whether or no term limits are desirable. The second question is whose responsibility it is to implement them (or not). (i.e. if limits are desirable, then is this a board, council or constituency decision?).

-ross