[council] Regarding term limits - GNSO review

  • To: "'Council GNSO'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Regarding term limits - GNSO review
  • From: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 16:49:38 +0100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

There is a difference between steps that may be taken independently and steps
that are wise
to do so.

Much is interconnected.
The bigger picture items need to be considered first.
The old metaphor about "Arranging deckchairs on the Titanic" springs to mind.

There is nothing today to stop the constituencies imposing term limits (some
do) if they
deem that beneficial.
Given this flexibility what is the pressing need to repeat this at Council
level also?

Philip

PS as an old hand on Council I am personally overflowing with reforming zeal to
change much
in ICANN.
I've seen it from the inside and recognise the rot within. Why give the
neophytes the
scalpel ?