[council] A few thoughts about Shinkuro

  • To: "'GNSO.SECRETARIAT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] A few thoughts about Shinkuro
  • From: "Bret Fausett" <bfausett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2006 13:55:13 -0700
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This software has promise, but my experience with it has not been very good.
The user interface is obtuse, and the application can be a resource hog at
times. It also installs inself to run always, without any clear preference
or option about how to turn it off. From what I can tell, we're primarily
using it to share non-confidential background material. Why not just put
this material on a web or ftp server?

      Bret