Re: [council] Regarding data collected and the purpose of collecting data

  • To: "Mawaki Chango" <ki_chango@xxxxxxxxx>, <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] Regarding data collected and the purpose of collecting data
  • From: "Anthony Harris" <harris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 20:46:17 -0300
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Mawaki,

1) In what country were you living when you
   registered a domain name? Was there no
   country code domain you could resort to,
   and thus be protected by the national legal
   privacy framework?
2) I beleive that to be unlisted in a phone book,
   there is normally a charge?
3) I get 300 spams a day, mostly from Asia, and
   I dont have a domain name of any sort, nor am
   I listed in any whois database.
4) Your repeated references to the problem of access
    to data have been exhaustively discussed within the
    Whois task force, actually since mid 2001.... Tiered
    access for entitled parties is of course a natural solution.
    (And we did think of it quite a while back!)
5. The current discussion is constricted to defining the
   purpose of Whois, access to data I beleive is a subject
   for future discussions?

Tony Harris

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mawaki Chango" <ki_chango@xxxxxxxxx>