RE: [council] GAC /ICANN Board cooperation

  • To: "GNSO Council" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] GAC /ICANN Board cooperation
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 17:59:40 +1000
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Sophia,

        1-Where is GNSO's role at the GAC level.

Formally the GAC is an advisory committee to the Board, as is ALAC.

The GNSO Council does attempt to liaise closely with the GAC and ALAC so
that we can consider input early and adjust our thinking prior to our
submission of any policy to the Board.  Once the policy is submitted to
the board, the Board can formally get input from the GAC and ALAC.

The GNSO Council met with the GAC gTLD working group in Wellington as
part of strengthening the exchange of information.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin