[council] GNSO PDP Feb06: PCC Existing TLDs Proposed Work Plan

  • To: GNSO Council <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] GNSO PDP Feb06: PCC Existing TLDs Proposed Work Plan
  • From: Liz Williams <liz.williams@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 15:02:18 +0100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Colleagues

I have set out below, on the basis of the PDP guidelines and according to advice from the Secretariat, a proposed work plan for the current PDP on policies for contractual conditions for existing registries. I refer Councillors to the Taskforce Guidelines (http:// www.icann.org/general/archive-bylaws/bylaws-08apr05.htm#AnnexA). In devising the schedule below I have tried to make practical shifts to precise dates that recognise the Wellington meetings and reasonable deadlines for publication of work.

If Council could confirm this proposed work plan at next week's (Tuesday) Council call, I will then insert the agreed dates into the bigger operational plan which Maria has been keeping on behalf of the Council.

10 March -- Appointment of Taskforce Representatives and notification of representatives to Secretariat

7 March - 28 March -- Public comment period

17 March -- Publication of Taskforce Charter (or confirmation that the Terms of Reference as they stand will guide the work of the Taskforce); publication of timeline for Taskforce work

22 March -- Initial Meeting of Taskforce & Appointment of Taskforce Chair. [The staff manager convenes this meeting. I suggest conducting this procedural meeting at a breakfast meeting (7:30am) in Wellington on Wed 29 March prior to the GNSO Council meeting so that the Taskforce Chair can report to the full Council the members of the TF and their proposed work schedule). Note that the TF Chair does not have to be a member of the Council.

10 April - Constituency statements due

28 April - Preliminary Task Force Report -- distributed to Council including public comments and constituency statements

3 May -- TF meeting to agree (with a supermajority) the Preliminary Task Force Report

8 May -- Post final Task Force Report for public comment

8 May - 28 May --  Public Comment Period

7 June -- Final Report submitted to Council

17 June -- Council meeting to consider Final Report. Any agreed changes are incorporated in a Board Report

22 June -- Staff Manager submits Board Report

Liz

Liz Williams
Senior Policy Counselor
ICANN - Brussels