[council] PDP management issues

  • To: "'GNSO Council'" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] PDP management issues
  • From: "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 09:26:10 +0100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Speaking as a public relations professional and professional communicator might
I suggest
that while numbering our policy development processes (PDPs) by reference to
their date of
creation eg PDPFeb06 is useful it is not sufficient in communicating their
subject matter to
the uninitiated or plain forgetful.

As a matter of course perhaps staff could consider every PDP has 3 titles:
- a sequential reference such as PDPFeb06
- a long title that satisfies the legal guys
- a short title (that is very short but not an acronym!) that captures the
essence of the
PDP and is used in daily reference and agendas etc ?

so for example we may decide to talk about
PDPFeb06-policy conditions.

I leave it to staff - well Liz actually - to propose the long and short title,
agree it with
Bruce, and then advise Council.

We don't need a list discussion on this I hope !

Philip