Re: [council] New draft ToR for PDP on contractual conditions for existing gTLDs

  • To: "Maria Farrell" <maria.farrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] New draft ToR for PDP on contractual conditions for existing gTLDs
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 21:24:12 +0100
  • Cc: GNSO Council <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I tend to think that privacy rights should be specifically enumerated. I don't fully understand the notion of registries having any proprietary rights to registry information, though I expect they do receive some use rights.

This may be a case for enumerated several rights; i.e.
"and which rights, including but not limited to, privacy and use rights ..."

I also have trouble with the word exists. What does it mean for a right to exist in something? I am not, obviously, one of the lawyers in the council, but i would think that this set of possible rights 'pertain to' or are 'associated with' (i am sure there is a perfect legal term) the date instead of existing within. To put it another way, are rights an attribute of the data?

a.