Re: [council] Commencement of the new PDP

  • To: "Bruce Tonkin" <bruce.tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "GNSO Council" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] Commencement of the new PDP
  • From: "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 16:44:43 +0000 GMT
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I want to better understand the pros and cons of a Council of the whole versus
a TF. I am not convinced that a TF will improve the conflicts of time for
Council, since there are overlapping issues between the two PDPs. I would
instead propose that Council examine the sppointment of up to three experts for
both PDP processes. I suspect that additional support in gathering information,
examining options, and augmenting the development if materials will do more to
enable effective work by the Council, in two parallel PDPs. There is an
outstanding work item requested earlier for a work plan that takes into account
the realistic time frames needed to complete the new gTLDs PDP.

Marilyn