RE: [council] GNSO Council motions 6/7 February 2006

  • To: "'Bruce Tonkin'" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] GNSO Council motions 6/7 February 2006
  • From: "Marilyn Cade" <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2006 08:16:23 -0500
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I believe that Jun then changed his vote and voted "no". However, perhaps
the discussion wasn't quite clear regarding the use of proxy, WITH
direction, which seemed to be what June initially did, in passing a proxy to
Ken.

I know that some of the new Councilors may find the proxy use confusing.
Glen, could you perhaps write out a short description of how proxies are
used, based on our past history, and Bruce might review it?

I believe there are five instances
1) vote either yes or no
2) pass a proxy with direction
3) pass a proxy without direction, due to having a conflict
4) abstaining, which counts as "no"
5) being absent and not passing a proxy