Re: [council] Re: Regarding issues report on IDNs
- To: Marilyn Cade <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [council] Re: Regarding issues report on IDNs
- From: Sophia B <sophiabekele@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 09:02:45 -0800
- Cc: Cary Karp <email@example.com>, GNSO Council <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, John Klensin <klensin@xxxxxxx>, Patrik Faitstrom <paf@xxxxxxxxx>, Tina Dam <dam@xxxxxxxxx>
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=beta; d=gmail.com; h=received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; b=n6F3WaACrNLjgdLNs6nPrMiJVnzXlegX5DDGja6llsUOQMulW9rp4K1mjJqckY9jLbUIZi/1FN5osYF+/1T9i1a5J6XIONGJD0qZ9WT7pOLpROQ4q3gywxVMj/kVkVVFkJS3nUW2TWKNq/WyjBnd2XAMkM2h+UJUQBnop0olNiw=
- In-reply-to: <BAY104-DAV79CB1D8AAA379A89D3876D30F0@phx.gbl>
- References: <43E5C042.firstname.lastname@example.org> <BAY104-DAV79CB1D8AAA379A89D3876D30F0@phx.gbl>
- Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks Marilyn for wishing to dive into this as well. Giving IDNs priority
should be the reason to understand them.
There is a saying, "An invasion of armies can be resisted, but not an idea
whose time has come." Victor Hugo said in 'Histoire d'un crime' 1852.
On 05/02/06, Marilyn Cade <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks, Cary, I much appreciate your response.
> For perhaps others, but certainly me, I need to be able to ask some
> not so sophisticated questions, if I am to get at a fuller understanding.
> But, you know, I think that I am a proponent of commitment to examining
> IDN issues quite fully and with a priority.
> Regards, and thanks again. Marilyn
> -----Original Message-----
> From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
> Behalf Of Cary Karp
> Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2006 4:07 AM
> Cc: GNSO Council; John Klensin; Patrik Faitstrom; Tina Dam
> Subject: Re: [council] Re: Regarding issues report on IDNs
> > Whoa. I am unaware that because any of us as councilors raise
> > questions, and ask for information, that means no testbeds.
> > However, there may be political issues, Cary, even if some wish
> > otherwise.
> > Back to the point, it is good that we are asking questions and
> > discussing these issues. Can we maintain a. Welcolming attitude so
> > even I get brave enough to post my questions. :-)
> I didn't have the slightest intention of either being intimidating or
> braking the discussion. It had simply struck me that it was in danger
> of veering off in a direction that would either obscure or be counter
> to Council's interests.
> Although it apparently was obscured in the wording of my own message,
> I regard it as vitally important for us to treat this subject in the
> fullest possible detail, and apologize for my lack of skill in
> expressing that, and in any offense I inadvertently caused.