RE: [council] Date for meeting in Washington area -23/24/25 Feb 2006

  • To: <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [council] Date for meeting in Washington area -23/24/25 Feb 2006
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 19:56:20 +1100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Avri,

> I won't be able to attend.  Probably can't even attend remotely.

Thanks for letting us know.

> I do not understand how we decided to schedule it at this
> time and in this location.  Have we taken a final vote on this?

No.  We haven't even taken a vote yet.

The option to hold the physical meeting is on the agenda for the meeting
on 6 Feb 2006.  The proposal to attempt a face-to-face meeting to
advance our work was included in the draft agenda for the Council
meeting posted on 20 Jan 2006.

The discussion on the mailing list is an attempt to develop a proposal
that has sufficient detail (dates/location/content) to allow the Council
to make a decision whether to go ahead in its meeting on 6 Feb 2006.  I
have been reading carefully the various comments and have tried to
select a date/location that is a reasonable compromise amongst the
various constraints of Council members.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin