Re: [council] Re: Regarding issues report on IDNs

  • To: John C Klensin <klensin@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] Re: Regarding issues report on IDNs
  • From: Sophia B <sophiabekele@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 17:08:37 -0800
  • Cc: Cary Karp <ck@nic.museum>, council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Tina Dam <dam@xxxxxxxxx>, Patrik Fältström <paf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

John,

Thank you for your very elaborate explanation.  I appreciate it.

I am very much aware of your background and involvement in the
internationalization issues, John, along with your distinguished career. I
thank the Internet for that.  It is also a privilege that ICANN is assisted
by you, as it would be the same for me, to meet with you some day.  I am
glad Tina and co. has given us the opportunity to discuss the very complex
issues we are dealing with at ICANN regarding policy over IDNs.

To clarify my point, John, my reference to asking Tina on the question
below:

I was also not aware that John was involved in the 'testbed' scenario until
I saw the attachment you sent, based on some of his responses in the Council
meeting.  Would he be *working on that with you. *

was specific to the 'test beds' as you can see,and comes directly from the
question I asked you during our Jan 17 meeting, on the 'test beds' while
discussing the IETF Draft doc on the IDN issues.

Your response to me* interalia,* you did *not recommend personally the test
beds, was not personally involved in the development of the
guidelines except peripherally etc...*   I suppose that threw me off and I
was trying to confirm your involvement from this specific subject and
not necessarily your involvement within the  'internationalization'  issues,
to which again, we are grateful for your input.

I hope that shades some light of where I was coming from, and provide
clarification to my question.

Thanks again for your response (all) and kind regards,

Sophia

--
Sophia Bekele
Voice/Fax: 925-935-1598