[council] PDP timelines

  • To: <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] PDP timelines
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 09:25:54 +1100
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello Ken,

> I am becoming a firm believer in the concept of a "drop dead" date for
PDP's.

> I believe that we need to insure against "perpetuity" by providing in
the process > a "reasonable" time period for completion.. If the time
period is not met then
> that specific PDP would expire and an entirely new PDP would have to
be initiated.

I agree witht eh concept above.

I still believe that the Council does need some flexibility to manage a
process and timelines - taking into account the complexity of an issue,
holiday periods, natural disasters etc.  I think the current PDP
timelines are unrealistic with the requirement for wide consultation.
I would however be fine with a time limit (e.g 6 months for any given
PDP).

I also agree with Ross and Tom that we need to have done much of the
background information seeking etc before we start the formal PDP.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin