[council] IAB report on IDN

  • To: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [council] IAB report on IDN
  • From: Cary Karp <ck@nic.museum>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 20:17:02 +0100 (CET)
  • Cc: Tina Dam <dam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

During the discussion of IDN in the present meeting reference is likely to be made to an IAB report on "Review and Recommendations for Internationalized Domain Names". A newly revised version of that text was approved for posting as an Internet Draft at an IAB meeting two hours ago. It is not likely to appear online by the time we reach the corresponding agenda item in our own meeting but should become available some time during the next 24 hours at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-iab-idn-nextsteps-01.txt

If any Councilor wishes to have a copy for personal review prior to that URL going live, please let me know off-list and I will forward one.

/Cary