[council] Latest ICANN/Verisign agreement

  • To: council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: [council] Latest ICANN/Verisign agreement
  • From: Avri Doria <avri@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 14:59:29 -0400
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

While I know that many believe that the council has no role in reviewing board decisions from a policy perspective, I am wondering whether they are considerations in this latest decision vis a vis Verisign that will affect future policy or will affect contracts with other registries.

Also is this a topic we can expect to hear about during the open session, and should we be ready with some understanding?

a.