[council] Strategic planning meeting Thursday 13 October 2005

  • To: "GNSO Council" <council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [council] Strategic planning meeting Thursday 13 October 2005
  • From: "Bruce Tonkin" <Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 16:33:51 +1000
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello All,

Now that we have the issues paper from the ICANN staff, we need to
schedule a meeting so that we can provide feedback prior to 18/19
October.

We also need to commence work on the GNSO strategic plan for
presentation to the Board in Vancouver.

Draft Agenda for Council meeting Thursday 13 October 2005

Coordinated Universal Time UTC 12:00

(5:00 Los Angeles, 8:00 Washington DC, 14:00 Brussels, 22:00 Melbourne)

Item 1: Discuss ICANN Strategic issues document
- identify any common points of view for presentation to ICANN staff and
other supporting organisations on 18/19 October 2005

Item 2: GNSO Strategic plan document for presentation to the Board in
Vancouver
- begin to identify GNSO strategic view for input into ICANN strategic
plan
- consider generic domain name system - current strengths and
weaknesses, threats and opportunities
- what policy work do we envisage will be required in future related to
ICANN's mission?
- how should the GNSO engage with Governments into the future?
(note there is a precedent with UDRP that is based around an
international treaty signed by nations with respect to trademark
protection)
- consider ICANN document in item 1 above as well as the session run by
Patrick Sharry with the Council in Luxembourg

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin