Re: [council] request for ICANN action on single letter domain names (now reserved names)

  • To: Marilyn Cade <marilynscade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [council] request for ICANN action on single letter domain names (now reserved names)
  • From: Bret Fausett <bfausett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 14:44:46 -0700
  • Cc: Bruce.Tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Gnso. Secretariat" <gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, John Jeffrey <jeffrey@xxxxxxxxx>, Kurt Pritz <pritz@xxxxxxxxx>, Olof Nordling <nordling@xxxxxxxxx>, Maria Farrell <maria.farrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Sender: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Could we broaden that request to ask how to proceed for single-letter TLDs also?

2) Request for an issues report from gNSO staff addressing how to proceed to make single letter domain names, now on reserve status, available for registration at the second level in the generic TLD space. I would like to present a short statement describing the issue under AOB on the agenda list. I have posted a letter to Kurt Pritz and John Jeffrey advising them that I will be requesting to have this topic on the Council agenda and I did discuss the topic with both of them yesterday at the request of an interested party.

Regards, Marilyn Cade